Fit & Size Guide
We want to make it easy for you. Usually, the measurements of every frame are engraved on the inner temple. Once you are aware of your sizes you can compare them to the frames online and shop with more confidence.
The numbers printed on the inside of the temple of your frames refer to the lens width, the bridge width and the temple arm length respectively. For example, 48 20 (135) indicates a lens width of 48mm, bridge width of 20mm and temple arm length of 135mm.
Is this frame the right one for me?
The following practical tips will help you determine whether a frame is the right one for you.
- Your frame should feel, above all, comfortable, especially for long usage.
- Your eyebrows generally shouldn’t be inside the frame; if this is the case, they may be too big for you (unless that was the desired effect you wanted). We also recommend that your pupils should be in the center of the lenses.
- Your frame should never hinder your smile. When showing those pearly whites, your frame shouldn’t be moved or displaced from your face by your cheek movement.
- Another key point to remember is that at no point should your frames slide down your nose. This will indicate that the bridge of that particular frame isn’t quite right for you.
Can I get my frame to fit better?
We offer free minor adjustments to any of our frames to ensure the optimal fit. These include:
- Adjustments to the temples, whether they need to be tightened or loosened to meet the requirements of the side of your face. We can also adjust temples slightly to give more or less length for a better fit behind the ears.
- Please resist the temptation to adjust your frames yourself as they can snap when adjusted without the proper technique.
- We can also adjust crooked frames, whether that be the bridge or the temples.
Please be aware that not quite every frame will be able to adjust to meet your face specifications but at Beseen Optics we are likely to be always able to find a solution for all faces, great and small.
What is a nose bridge?
The bridge of the nose is the slope between the nose and the eyes. People with lower nose bridges tend to have wider faces or higher cheekbones; this is because the bridge of their nose sits at the same level or slightly lower than their pupils.
What if I am still unsure about fit & size/adjustments?
We advise you to try them at home and be sure you made the right choice. Shipping and return is free of charge anyway! But seriously, if you are still unsure about the fit of your frames, feel free to send us a selfie or pop into any of our stores so that one of our highly trained team members can best advise and help you decide.